Preparing for laminate installation
Once you've purchased your new laminate, installation is the next step! While laminate flooring is easy enough for most DIYers, we still recommend having the experts here at Frazee Carpet & Flooring handle all of the heavy lifting.
If you do choose to have our professionals handle your laminate installation, someone from our team will be in touch to schedule your installation and will be able to answer any questions you have. However, there are generally a few things you can do to prepare for the big day.
- Empty the room(s) that will be getting new laminate. We might be able to move your furniture for you, but you'll be responsible for moving any fragile items and emptying any closets.
- We may deliver your laminate in advance so it can adjust to the climate of your home. If this is the case, we will let you know.
- If you need to paint, do that before your new flooring is installed.
- Plan to be home on the day of the installation.
- Ensure our installation team will have access to electrical outlets.
During laminate installation
On the day of your laminate installation, please make sure someone who is at least 18 years old can greet the crew, show them to the work area, and answer any questions they may have. From there, we'll make sure your subfloor is ready for laminate installation. We likely won't need to remove your old flooring, as laminate planks effortlessly click into place and "float" over other types of flooring. We do ask that you keep children and pets away from the work area until the installation is complete.
Once your laminate is installed, it's a good idea to establish proper ventilation in the room, especially if you are sensitive to dust and odors. From there, it's up to you to care for and maintain your new flooring.