Preparing for hardwood installation
Once you've purchased your beautiful new hardwood flooring, installation is the next step! While someone from our team will be in touch to schedule your installation and will be able to answer any questions you have, there are generally a few things you can do to prepare for the big day.
- Empty the room(s) that will be getting new hardwood. We might be able to move your furniture for you, but you'll be responsible for moving any fragile items and emptying any closets.
- We may need to deliver your hardwood a few days in advance so that it can acclimate to the humidity levels of your home. If this is the case, we'll let you know.
- If you need to paint, do that before your new flooring is installed.
- Plan to be home on the day of the installation.
- Ensure our installation team will have access to electrical outlets.
During your hardwood installation
On the day of your installation, please ensure someone who is at least 18 years old is home to greet the installation crew, show them to the work area, and answer any questions they may have. From there, our team will inspect your subfloor and make sure it's ready for your installation. We'll also remove your old flooring if necessary.
During the installation, keep children and pets away from the work area until the job is complete.
Once the installation is finished, you'll need to stay off of your new hardwood for at least 48 hours. From there, it'll be up to you to care for and maintain your beautiful new hardwood flooring!